Friday, July 13, 2018

LaFe “Watercolor without drawing” Maya ChiangMai






ChiangMai THAILAND 












































                                                         
                       Khim Chanika Wongvised and Yana Shvets.




                                       

       My IELTS Students from CHIANGMAI UNIVERSITY 





                                   LaFe




























                         
                               LaFe : Artist 








“LaFe.” He defines himself as an artist who connects worlds of water color paintings together. One of the leading Thai artists in the exhibition “World Watercolor Media Exposition 2014”, Sattha and other artists brought over 300 pieces of water color paintings to be exhibited at the RCAC Thailand. At this event, there were also over 100 visiting artists from various parts of the world. With relentless faith in connecting the transparency of watercolor which is capable of reflecting meanings of art works to audiences, as if watercolor paintings can reach minds of people with no difficulty, water color artists can happily dedicate time to their beloved works of art.





                          Yana Shvets is an Artist 




                                       
                                    

SH: My previous experiences in water colors paintings made me feel that my real art concept is classic style. You can get inspiration from anything like forests, mountains and people’s movements. One good example here is a picture of  boys in a pond. This is my memorable impression that I want anyone to see. At a certain point in my life, I started to look at the aim of expression in conceptual water color paintings. These are not only traditional thoughts and methods, but it also should be a new kind of thinking process in that we should not add anything more than necessary. This concept is also called “Modern with unpaint” which is to intentionally let a background to be white in order to make empty or pure space. This space can be interpreted as light or fresh air. After that, I have been fascinated by the method of painting water color without drawing that I use for my newer paintings.




SH: My works are created within a framework I invented for myself. I would call it “Hybrid Painting,” which is composed of water color painting, action painting and conceptual art. These three components are my working principles. I prefer to use water color for my paintings due to its transparency property. Action painting is using watercolor without drawing. For me, I am discouraged when I try to sketch something with pencil and this prevents me from applying watercolor in my painting. So the sketch phrase is no longer essential for me. Without pencil sketch, I am also excited every time because I cannot predict the result of my painting. For the conceptual art, I have three things to accomplish: The first one is that I create great quality of artwork. The second one is that my artworks give positive vibes to audiences and the last one is that my artworks are friendly to the environment. 









SH: Recently I began giving more importance to painting flowers and stopped doing all classical style paintings altogether. I felt that I had to paint pictures of roses that were clearer and more remarkable. I call this conceptual water color painting art. There are two concepts to be considered. The first one is “Watercolor without drawing” and the second one is “Modern with Unpaint”. For the first concept, we should give up the drawing step because we do not want drawing paper to be damaged or dirty during the removal of a pencil sketch with an eraser. For the second concept, we also need a white background to stand for empty or pure space. I want to convey the bright light and pure air in my imagination. This also covers the fragrance of roses that we can sense imaginatively. Simulating natural light is preferable when you work indoors so that you feel more comfortable.











In my view, water color is the technique that creates the atmosphere. It seems as if we might be able to breathe some air from the watercolor painting. This is the most important step in my thinking process for the paintings. Then we can use a reference from a real object or photograph. Normally I prefer to use the real object as a reference but using photos as reference can give you different perspectives for the same objects. Finally, I can add my imaginative feelings to every painting of mine.


Janine Yasovant : Interviewer 


































*  *  *

There are many things that I am very certain about LaFe. I see his courage in the way he works. He encourages young artists who love watercolor painting. He also has a strong belief in a way of systematic working as he tries to convey his watercolor paradigm. Art is composed of the processes and independent ideas to convey satisfactory meanings and it has universal principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Temp Song